Anonymous asked: Is there a book (apart from Twilight, of course!) that you really hate, even though *everyone* else either loves it or dislikes it for the wrong reasons?
A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I fucking despise that book, I hate the ending, and I once wrote an essay about how it was a worthless book to me because there was absolutely nothing I could relate to in a book that was essentially Rich White Boy Problems.
Ugh, fuck that book.
- notemily said: You mean you didn’t relate to the obvious gay subtext?
- crazedinsaneone likes this
- silverilly likes this
- cassianeaves likes this
- thimbledore likes this
- thehufflepuffwholeaptthroughtime said: 2 things I remember about ‘A Separate Piece’: 1) Holy detail overload Batman! 2) The one time my 10th grade English teacher played the audio tape version of the book- more than half of the class ended up falling asleep during it. It was that boring.
- imadeahugetinymistake likes this
- skillwithaquill likes this
- scandalouskiki likes this
- emilianadarling likes this
- iloveawesomeshtuff likes this
- dreamawhile likes this
- fauxkaren said: I had to read it in 10th grade. Ugh. It is only redeemed by the fact that my friends from high school and I made fun of it to this day.
- professorspork said: OH MY GOD THANK YOU YES I HATE THAT BOOK SO HARD
- gematriya likes this
- panasonicyouth posted this