When discussions begin on searching for a workable solution to illegal immigration, some resort to casting those in favor of border control as racists. This effectively shuts down the discussion.
Illegal immigration is not about ethnicity; it is about our safety and security. We cannot have drug dealers, human traffickers, terrorists, and weapons freely crossing our borders – North and South. Most would agree that posting signs 70 miles north of the Arizona/Mexico border warning citizens to stay out because of drug cartels and “coyotes” is not the kind of solution to violence for which we look to Washington.
Illegal immigration is also a security issue in our cities. Serious crimes are not reported because illegal immigrants are afraid to come forward. Additionally, it is immoral to allow children brought here illegally with their parents to suffer or be exploited because of their parents’ choice to live under the radar."
— From the “Issues” section of Marilyn Singleton’s site. She’s running in my Congressional district. I was doing research on all the candidates and ballot measures, so I went to her site and found this HOT MESS of an opinion. While she’s not 100% terrible, anyone who strips race from a conversation on immigration in the United States doesn’t belong talking about it. GROSS.
- everyhopeanycost reblogged this from panasonicyouth
- quantumqstar likes this
- theyalwaysremember likes this
- takthehideousnewgrrl likes this
- frijoliz likes this
- isellseals reblogged this from thefilthiestofminds
- intrepidvector likes this
- feverishpoptart reblogged this from panasonicyouth
- thefilthiestofminds reblogged this from panasonicyouth
- banans13 likes this
- deannatroi said: uuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhh
- thegreywardencommander likes this
- fromrusholmewithlove likes this
- delirious-bitter-gardens likes this
- asockbunkindofgirl likes this
- panasonicyouth posted this