Hello, everyone! I’ve checked Tumblr a few times in the past 12 days since I left the Bay Area on the Mark Does Stuff tour. I’ve spent all this time in the South, and the last six days in good ol’ Texas. Which I have liked! A whole lot! I’ve met some of the nicest, silliest people in my life.
I have not slept a whole lot, so I’m looking forward to two days off before I continue meeting Mark Does Stuff fans and reading horrifying fanfiction to unsuspecting audiences for three more weeks. (No, seriously, in Austin, I had to introduce someone to fanfiction through a Drapple fic. SHE HAD NEVER HEARD OF FANFICTION AND I READ HER THE FIRST FIC SHE’D EVER EXPERIENCED and it was the most horrifying one.) The next part of tour will be in the Midwest, Canada, and the East Coast!
I feel like a year worth of Internet time has passed since I spent any real time online. Is it weird that I’m looking forward to 48 hours of consistent wi-fi? Like, I am just so done with shitty hotel Internet or spotty 3G service, since the Tumblr app NEVER LOADS IMAGES. this is my life.
I’m very thankful to the many people who have shown up to this first leg of this tour to party with me. It’s been a humbling and flattering experience, and I’ve gotten to go to so many places I’d never been! Texas is kind of awesome. I went to Buc-ees for the first time, and I have never felt so American in my whole life. I experienced both Houston and Dallas traffic, I got super mad at all the hipsters in Austin for closing down all the good museums in town because of SXSW, I ate fried avocado in a cone twice, I ate a vegan brownie sundae in Dallas that was a perfect metaphor for the upcoming race war, I had an event in the RADDEST bookstore in Oak Cliff, I accidentally called my mom a “gay cheerleader” two separate times, and I am not sure I can sustain laughing anymore because y’all are funny as hell.
So! I have three straight weeks of events planned. Events are listed below and link to the Facebook RSVP pages and include all info about where the events/live readings will be. Even if you just want to hang out, you should come to an event! My events are not geared towards being a regular reader, so you’ll still have fun. Thanks everyone! ONWARDS I GO. After a nap. Oh god, I need a nap.
March 13: Chicago, IL Overflow Coffee Bar, STUDIO C, 7:30pm - 9:30pm
March 14: Minneapolis, MN Geek Partnership Society @ The Waterbury Building 6pm - 9pm
March 15: St. Louis, MO Blueberry Hill Pac-Man Room, 7 - 9pm
March 16: Indianapolis, IN Perk Up Indy, 4:30 - 6:30pm
March 17: Cincinnati, OH Sitwell’s, 8pm - whenever!
March 18: Columbus, OH Kafe Kerouac, 7pm - 9pm
March 19: Cleveland, OH Mac’s Backs-Books on Coventry, 6:30 - 8:30pm
March 20: Toledo, OH Aladdin’s Eatery, 7pm - 9pm
March 21: Ann Arbor, MI House Party! (Details on FB page)
March 22: Toronto, ON Handlebar, 7pm - whenever!
March 23: Ottawa, ON Raw Sugar Cafe, 3pm - 5pm
March 24: Montreal, PQ 2110 Centre For Gender Advocacy, Suite 404, 3pm - 6pm
March 25: Boston, MA Refuge Cafe in Allston, 6:30pm - 9:00pm
March 26: Providence, RI Adams Memorial Library in Central Falls 6pm - 8pm
March 27: Syracuse, NY Le Moyne College, 6:30pm - WHENEVER WE FINISH
March 28: New York City, NY Think Coffee Basement (248 Mercer) 7 - 9:30pm
March 29: D.C. Day #1
March 30: D.C. Day #2 Goethe-Institut Gallery, 2 - 5pm
- daeneryscaffrey reblogged this from panasonicyouth
- hotdamnitsbam likes this
- sonicpolo likes this
- sonicpolo said: Mark, you are the best. Thank you again for two awesome days. I’m still recovering from all the laughter and screaming yesterday. And I had to explain Runaway Mammogram to someone. THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME
- justanotheremily said: WHY DID YOU REMIND ME OF THE DRAPPLE FIC, MARK? I HAD BLOCKED IT OUT!
- nanceoir likes this
- tsume817 likes this
- cthulhulegobrick5ever likes this
- iloveawesomeshtuff likes this
- theyalwaysremember likes this
- iswhatmadeitallwrong likes this
- gabrabbit likes this
- gbrusc likes this
- nexttoclaire reblogged this from panasonicyouth and added:
- howbo15 likes this
- chiataur likes this
- tiranasgoldfish reblogged this from panasonicyouth
- tiranasgoldfish likes this
- heathafeath likes this
- clotpoleofthelord said: SUPER EXCITED FOR BOSTON! So glad you’re doing this and having fun :)
- quellthesparkle reblogged this from panasonicyouth and added:
- fancypantsmanifesto said: Thanks for the best weekend ever! When I got home I felt like I had been gone a whole week. (also hi this is Julia)
- quellthesparkle likes this
- iquitelikeditactually likes this
- deannatroi reblogged this from panasonicyouth and added:
- deannatroi likes this
- nb2000 likes this
- aforaffort said: Ugh I want to cry that you’re going to Minneapolis, and I’m stuck in freakin’ Florida! But GET SOME REST and then have a WONDERFUL rest of your tour!
- panasonicyouth posted this